CareLink Accepting Applications for 2020 Silver Haired Legislative Session
Deadline for County Candidate Petition due to CareLink Feb. 14, must be 60 years or older
CareLink, Central Arkansas’s Area Agency on Aging, is accepting applications for representatives from their six-county service area for the 2020 Silver Haired Legislative Session (SHLS). Eligible candidates must submit a completed SHLS County Candidate Petition to CareLink by Feb. 14. Elected delegates will attend the 2020 Legislative Session at the State Capitol in Little Rock on Aug. 26 – 27, 2020.
The Silver Haired Legislative Session is a non-partisan session led by members of the aging community who write, debate, and vote on bills addressing issues important to aging Arkansans. Elected delegates will receive training covering a host of topics pertinent to the legislative session including the legislative process, how to write bills, and how a bill becomes a law.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- be a resident of Pulaski, Saline, Faulkner, Lonoke, Monroe, and Prairie counties
- be 60 years or older
- submit the completed County Candidate Petition by Feb. 14
- be present on the day of voting
- not be an employee of DHS’ Division of Aging, Adult and Behavior Health Services
- not be an employee of an Area Agency on Aging
Delegates will be selected by Feb. 28, with training beginning on March 1.
Resources for download: