- Licensed in the state of Arkansas as a social worker (Licensed Master Social Worker or Licensed Certified Social Worker), a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse; or
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a health and human services field (social work, sociology, gerontology, or related field), plus two years' experience in the delivery of human services to the elderly; or
- Have preformed satisfactorily as a case manager serving the targeted population for a period of two (2) years (experience must be within the pact 3 years); and
- Reliable transportation with valid AR driver’s license and auto liability insurance with increased coverage limits
- Must become SHIP certified within 6 months
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledge of governmental resources and programs, including but not limited to Medicaid and Medicare eligibility requirements, including Medicare Part D counseling
- Ability to objectively interview and obtain accurate information
- Ability to evaluate problems and develop a person-centered Medicare or Medicaid plan with the client’s input and approval
- Ability to accurately prepare forms and reports in a timely manner
- Ability to give educational presentations and information about Medicare requirements, updates, and other information requested.
- Ability to contact Medicare, Social Security and insurance companies to obtain information or conduct enrollment on behalf of the client.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives referrals for Medicare/Medicaid evaluation and contacts client/caregiver to gather initial information.
- Schedules appointments with client/caregiver
- Provide updated education and information to Care Coordinators
- Coordinate schedules with service area Senior or Community Centers during the Medicare Part D open enrollment
- Performs initial interview to determine needs
- Assesses for Medicare/Medicaid/Low Income Subsidy eligibility and presents service options available to client/caregiver
- Assists client as needed in completing application forms for services needed
- Contacts other agencies and provides follow up services on behalf of client as appropriate
- Documents all contacts for the file, e.g.., client, family, outside agency, etc.
- Provides and forwards appropriate summary reports and documentation for billing of service units
- Provides information and education about Medicare, aging services, public benefits, and other resources to clients, caregivers, other agencies, and the public
- Promotes agency services and programs, mails brochures
- Helps gather information on resources in the community
- Stays abreast of changes in agency services, benefits, Medicare/Medicaid programs, and other duties as assigned.
- Attends staff meetings as requested
- Other duties as assigned
This is a full-time position with regular office hours begin at 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Eleven paid holidays. Salary Negotiable. Bi-weekly compensation, mileage reimbursement, employee/family health insurance, 401K retirement plan, paid holiday, sick, and annual leave. This information is for general purpose and does not give a complete job or other duties as assigned.
CareLink does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.