- Completion of accredited school of nursing
- Current RN licensure in Arkansas.
- One year clinical nursing experience
- Reliable transportation with valid AR driver’s license.
- Auto liability insurance with increased coverage limits
- Home health or home care experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Knowledge of nursing procedures and protocols.
- Ability to make home visits.
- Ability to conduct an assessment and develop a written plan.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, using proper grammar and correct spelling.
- Ability to maintain organized electronic records and files.
- Ability to supervise the work of others.
- Ability to problem solve.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives referral and performs initial assessment within required time frame.
- Gathers information, e.g., demographic, financial, physical/medical, etc.
- Performs assessment of activities of daily living to determine appropriateness for program and needs.
- Develops a care plan to include services and frequency of services needed.
- Conducts reassessments within required time frame.
- Makes regular visits within required time frame.
- Determines general status of client and level of satisfaction with service.
- Checks for other means of support in temporary absence of Attendant, e.g., friend, family member, neighbor, church.
- Notifies AR Choices nurse if unable to staff within required time frame, or if client goes to the hospital.
- Monitors performance and attendance of Attendant through home visits and telephone contact with the client, and direct observation.
- Completes admission forms and obtains signatures as required.
- Keeps chart current.
- Documents every contact with client, family member/caregiver, doctor
- Updates care plan according to recertification date and/or as needs change.
- Reviews weekly Generations report for accuracy.
- Practices a supervisory style which contributes to a positive and productive work climate for all employees.
- Works within policies and procedures for personnel actions, e.g., performance evaluations, counseling, leave approval, selection, orientation, etc.
- Regularly meets with staff individually and as a group to provide feedback, problem-solve, and to communicate information.
- Regularly utilizes positive reinforcement to develop and motivate employees.
- Celebrates achievement of department and staff.
- Is courteous and friendly to all customers both internal and external.
- Maintains regular attendance
- Adheres to scheduled work hours
- Full time, salaried, plus mileage
- Territory - Faulkner County